Combined with chicken, crispy bacon and a homemade caesar dressing, this Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad is an excellent addition to any meal.
Great for the warmer weather or entertaining, you can’t go wrong with this salad, and it is super easy to make.
Caesar Salad is a must in our family, outside of our potato salad. The kids love it just on its own, served with cold cuts or with steak or kababs.
It is a versatile salad, and if you are not a fan of having chicken or bacon in it, you can leave it out.
It is also a great way to use any leftover roast chicken from the night before.
How to make Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing
It is a great throw together type of salad, and if you don’t want to make your dressing, you can use store brought instead.
Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- Sea Salt
- Crushed Garlic
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Mayonnaise or Homemade Mayonnaise
- Lemon Juice
Caesar Salad Ingredients
- Baby Cos or Romaine Lettuce
- Chicken Breast or leftover roast chicken
- Tasty or cheddar cheese
Cut the chicken breast and bacon into small pieces, cook in separate frypans until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the bacon is crispy. Then set both aside to drain and cool.
If you are using roast chicken, just shred the meat and put it aside.
Boil the eggs and then peel and place in the refrigerator until needed.
Caesar Dressing Method
In your salad bowl, add ground sea salt and crushed garlic, then combine.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, combine, and then crush as much garlic as possible using a fork. Doing this makes the garlic pieces a bit smaller, allowing them to spread through the dressing better.
Add the mayonnaise, dijon, mustard and lemon juice and combine well.
Caesar Salad Method
Cut the bottom off your baby cos lettuce, separate and rinse under cold water to remove and dirt. Then drain in a colander or use a salad spinner to remove excess water.
Tear or cut the lettuce leaves and add them to the salad bowl on top of your dressing.
Cut your eggs into quarters, add to the bowl, and add the cooked chicken and crispy bacon.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and the croutons. I used store brought croutons, but you can make your own if you like.
Using a spoon, gently toss your salad starting from underneath and turning the salad over to mix the dressing through.
Once the dressing is through the caser salad, place in the refrigerator covered until ready to serve.
Making Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad ahead of time
It is a great salad to make ahead of time, and you can make both the salad and dressing separately.
The salad will last up to 5 days without the dressing and is placed in an airtight container.
The dressing will last up to 3 days when stored on an airtight jar.
Salads and other side dishes are a great way to change what you serve with meat or entertaining friends and family.
Simple Homemade Potato Salad with Egg and Bacon: A family favourite of ours, and great just on its own. A perfect addition when having a BBQ.
Grilled Cheese Sauce For Broccoli and Cauliflower: Serving broccoli and/or cauliflower with your meal, try adding cheese sauce over the top and grill.
Yummy Air Fryer Roast Potatoes With The Perfect Crunch: Put that air fryer to good use with these fluffy, crunchy roast potatoes. Excellent addition for a roast night or even just with a steak.
Bacon Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic or 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Baby Cos Lettuce or Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Middle Bacon
- ⅓ cup Cheddar Cheese or Tasty Cheese
- 1 cup Croutons
- Boil the eggs, peel and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces and cook in a frypan until cooked all the way through. Dice the bacon and fry until crispy.
- Drain the chicken and bacon on some paper towel and put them aside to cool.
- Cut the bottom off the cos lettuce, separate the leaves and wash if needed. Then allow them to drain to remove any excess water.
- Add sea salt and garlic to your salad bowl and combine. Then add the Worcestershire Sauce, combine and crush the garlic as much as possible using the back of a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and lemon juice, then stir to combine.
- Cut or tear up the lettuce leave and place in the salad bowl.
- Cut the eggs into quarters and add to the salad bowl, then add the cooled chicken and bacon
- Add grated cheese and croutons, then gently mix the salad through the dressing.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment below and let us know how you went.