This Chicken Salad Wrap with Homemade Mayonnaise is an excellent healthy, and delicious option for home or pack in a lunchbox for work or school.
With the addition of mashed avocado, this wrap contains the basic salad ingredients, also with shredded roast chicken. This makes for a great recipe if you have any leftover roast chicken.
How to make chicken salad wrap with homemade mayonnaise
Super easy to make, and if you don’t want to use our homemade mayonnaise, you can use regular store brought mayonnaise instead.
You can add whatever you like to this recipe if you are looking for other options, but for our one, we used the most commonly used ingredients, which are below:
- Flat Bread/Wrap
- Shredded Lettuce
- Grated Cheese
- Grated Carrot
- Shredded Roast Chicken
Before you start, it would be good to prepare all the ingredients first, such as grate your cheese if needed.
Finely grate your carrot using the more miniature sized grater than the normal-sized. Usually, handheld ones have two sizes, or you can use a food processer to shred the carrot.
Finley shred your lettuce, mash the avocado and pull apart your chicken into small pieces.
To start, layout your wrap and spread your mashed avocado in the middle. Leave room at the top and bottom so it can be wrapped like a parcel.
Then layer with roast chicken, carrot, cheese, lettuce and then top off with mayonnaise.
To wrap, you are going to create a parcel, much like when you wrap a burrito.
Fold the top and bottom over the ingredients, then using your fingers, hold one side of the top and bottom down as you fold over one side, hold and roll the wrap over while holding the other sides of the top and bottom in place till they can stay themselves.
To serve just cut in half and place on a plate, or wrap in glad wrap and place in a lunchbox for lunchtime.
Other ingredient ideas to add
There are a few other ingredients you can add to this chicken salad wrap such as:
Some of Our Easy Made Recipes on Just So Yum are:
We have a few recipes that you can use this mayonnaise for, here are just a few of our favourites!
- No Mess Cheesy Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets – a quick, easy breakfast recipe that can also be frozen if you want to make a few in advance.
- Mum’s Easy Sausage Rolls with Spinach and Garlic – makes for a great lunch or dinner, as well yummy finger food while entertaining.
- Delicious Herbed Beef and Macaroni – made in a slow-cooker, this recipe is super easy to make for dinner, and leftovers can last in the fridge for a couple of days.
Chicken Salad Wrap With Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 Wrap
- ½ Avocado
- 50 g Shredded Roast Chicken
- ⅛ cup Grated Carrot
- ¼ cup Grated Cheese
- ¼ cup Shredded Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Mayonnaise
- Mash half and avocado, grate the cheese and carrot, and shred lettuce and chicken
- On the wrap, spread the avocado in the middle, then layer with chicken, carrot, cheese, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
- Wrap it up just like a burrito to create a parcel, and cut in half to serve.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment below and let us know how you went.