My quick and easy crispy breakfast burrito only takes 15 minutes to prepare and is ready to eat, and won’t cheap out on the flavours.
Melted cheese, crispy bacon and iron packing mushrooms with egg are just some of the ingredients to give you the boost you need before starting the day.
Top that off with some sweet chilli, garlic aioli, and lip-smacking sriracha sauce that will get your motor running.
How many of you have felt sluggish and unmotivated in the morning? Not wanting to go to your day job, and just feeling all around bluh!
If you said yes, then this breakfast recipe is perfect for you to try.
What Ingredients Do You Use To Make A Crispy Breakfast Burrito?
- Tortilla (Wholemeal). I wanted to keep it as healthy as possible.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mushroom Baby Spinach
Sauces that I used are:
- Sweet Chilli
- Garlic Aioli
- Sriracha (Hot Sauce)
Sriracha is entirely optional, but it does bring the flavours of the ingredients and sauces together.
You can use your own favourite hot sauce or simply leave it out.
Other options you can add or swap out could be:
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Spring Onion
- Cilantro Leaves
How To Make Crispy Breakfast Burritos?
Layout your tortilla and grate your favourite cheese on top.
Place the spinach leaves evenly over the top of the cheese.
Cut an avocado in half and remove the seed. Then, with a spoon, scoop out the avocado and mash it in a small bowl using a fork.
Spread the mashed avocado over the top of the spinach leaves like you would spreading margarine on toast.
Then thinly slice up the mushrooms.
Add the butter to your fry pan/skillet and let it melt. Next, place the streaky bacon into the pan, followed by the sliced mushrooms.
Saute for around 2-3 on medium heat or until the bacon is slightly crunchy. We want the mushroom to absorb the flavours from the bacon.
Make sure to keep moving the mushroom around, or they can burn. And finally, flip the bacon halfway.
In another small pan, fry one sunny egg side up. Having your egg sunny side up is purely optional. You can either flip your egg, so the yolk is cooked through or make scrambled eggs.
Cut the bacon into smaller pieces and place it on top of the avocado, followed by the mushroom.
Lastly, place the egg on top.
Lastly, place the egg on top and sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle your Sweet Chilli, Garlic Aioli, and Sriracha hot sauce in a zig-zag over the burrito and wrap.
Now it’s time to make your breakfast burrito nice and crispy.
Pop it back into the pan that you fried the bacon and mushroom in earlier. But firstly, make sure to wipe it clean with paper towel.
Place the burrito folded side down on medium heat, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and fry until the tortilla is to your liking. I personally like mine a little over golden brown.
Flip the burrito and repeat. Next, use your spatula to flip it onto each of the sides and hold it up.
Set aside to cool for two minutes.
Can Breakfast Burritos Be Frozen?
Yes, they can. My crispy breakfast burrito can be stored in the freezer for up to one month.
After that time, frost can get into the bag and ruin the burrito. So I definitely recommend reheating the burrito within the first month of cooking.
To freeze, simply seal in an airtight ziplock bag or plastic wrap.
How to Reheat Breakfast Burritos?
I personally tested my breakfast burrito in both the microwave and my oven.
And the oven wins, hands down.
I found the microwave made the burrito very mushy. It destroyed the flavours and was very bland.
So I don’t recommend using your microwave.
To reheat in your oven, preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F.
Place your burrito onto some baking paper uncovered and reheat for around 30 to 35 minutes, rotating halfway.
Check Out Our Other Great Breakfast Recipes On JustSoYum!
Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets: It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes in the air fryer, making my ham and egg pockets the perfect recipe for those on the go.
Egg and Bacon Pie: Protein-packed and perfect with your morning coffee, you got to check this one out!
Cinnamon and Vanilla French Toast: Who doesn’t love French Toast in the morning? And what makes this so different? It’s the flavours. With a combination of cinnamon and vanilla, this French toast recipe is beautifully sweet and super soft.
Quick and Easy Crispy Breakfast Burrito with Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 Tortilla Wrap Wholemeal (Optional)
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Baby Spinach
- ½ Avocado
- 2 White Cup Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
- 2 Bacon Rashers
- 1 Egg
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Garlic Aioli
- Sriracha Sauce
- Grate cheese and spread onto the centre of the tortilla wrap, followed by the baby spinach. Slice an avocado in half and mush up in a small bowl with a fork until it's a paste. Spread the avocado on top of the baby spinach.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and place a small amount of butter to a fry pan/skillet. Fry bacon and mushrooms, making sure to keep moving the mushrooms around the pan to avoid burning. Cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat flipping the bacon halfway, until the bacon has reached the desired crispiness.
- Slice up the cooked bacon and place ontop of the tortilla, together with the fryed mushrooms.
- In a small fry pan/skillet fry one egg. If you like runny yoke in your burrito then fry sunny side up, otherwise flip or scramble to your liking then, place on to your tortilla.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste, then drizzel the sweet chilli, garlic aioli, and sriracha sauce over the burrito and begin wrapping.
- Wipe out the frying pan/skillet that you used earlier with paper towel, and place your burrito into the pan on a medium heat. Press down lightly with a spatula and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the burrito to make the tortilla crispy.
- Flip the burrito when it's golden brown and repeat on the opposite side. Gently lift your burrito with your spatula onto each side and repeat until all four sides are crispy and golden brown.
- Place the burrito onto paper towel and allow 2 minutes to cool.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment below and let us know how you went.