Sometimes veggies can become boring, especially for kids. Our Grilled Cheese Sauce For Broccoli and Cauliflower brings a whole new flavour to the dinner table that you will want to make time and time again.
Oh, and the best part the sauce has so many other uses too.
We love our broccoli and cauliflower, but it goes off the plates and into mouths so much faster when I make it with a grilled cheese sauce.
It is super easy to make, and you can pour any leftover sauce over other vegetables on the plate.
How to make Grilled Cheese Sauce For Broccoli and Cauliflower
There is not that much to this recipe, and the ingredients are pretty minimal.
For this, you are going to need the following:
- Whole Milk
- Corn Flour
- Grated Tasty Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cut up your broccoli and cauliflower and cook as usual.
Ten minutes before they are ready, you can start the cheese sauce.
In a medium-sized saucepan, add the milk and cornflour and mix until the cornflour has dissolved.
Turn the stove onto medium heat and continuously stir. Once the milk starts to warm, add the tasty cheese.
Continue to stir until all the cheese has melted and the sauce starts to thicken.
Once the sauce is thick, remove from the heat and stir until smooth if needed.
If you want to increase the cheese flavour, you can add extra cheese at this stage.
Add your cooked broccoli and cauliflower into a baking dish. Slowly pour the cheese sauce over the top, making sure everything is covered.
Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the top and place it under the griller for 5 minutes or until all the parmesan is melted and the top starts to brown.
Other uses for our cheese sauce
I do not always use this delicious sauce to make my grilled broccoli and cauliflower.
There are times when I make it and place it on the dinner table in a gravy boat for us to pour over other vegetables. It even works well over the top of roasted veggies.
Lasagne is another great meal to use this for, and you want to make your cheesy bechamel sauce instead of buying it.
However, if you don’t add the cheese, you have white sauce instead, which goes great over the top of the slow-cooked silver side. But my family even prefer the cheese sauce over the white sauce on the silverside.
Some of Our Other Vegetable Recipes on JustSoYum!
You can do so much with your vegetables, and here are a few of our favourites!
- Simple Homemade Potato Salad with Egg and Bacon – it’s a family favourite in our house. But this side dish goes so well with any meal or any occasion.
- Seriously Juicy Weber Q BBQ Corn On The Cob With Garlic Butter – if you happen to have a Weber Q, this corn on the cob recipe is so juicy and easy to make.
- Yummy Air Fryer Roast Potatoes With The Perfect Crunch – yummy, fluffy, crunchy roast potatoes that are sure to be a hit with anyone you cook them for.
Grilled Cheese Sauce For Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 500 g Broccoli
- 500 g Cauliflower
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 6 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 cups Grated Tasty Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cut up and cook your broccoli and cauliflower in your preferred cooking method, until cooked through.
- 10 minutes before the broccoli and cauliflower are cooked through, add milk and cornflour to a saucepan and stir to dissolve the flour.
- Place on the stove over medium heat and stir continuously. Once the milk starts to warm, add the cheese and continue stirring.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, remove the saucepan from the heat and continue to stir until smooth.
- Place your cooked broccoli and cauliflower into a baking dish, pour over the cheese sauce, then sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Place the dish under the griller for 5 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @justsoyum on Instagram or Facebook so we can find your masterpiece.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment below and let us know how you went.