Creamy, soft and utterly divine to eat, this No-Bake Mini Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect solution when you are the only one that wants to eat it.
Designed to go into 10cm ramekins or other alternatives, this dessert is not only made for one, but it can be made for individual desserts, which is quick and easy to make.
So why Nutella? Well, we wanted something simple and melting chocolate was just another step to add. Also, the flavour through the cream cheese is fantastic.
How to make No-Bake Mini Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake
The best thing we like about this recipe is that it is adaptable to your needs.
And if you times the ingredients by the number of people you want to serve, you can make enough for everybody. But if there is quite a crowd to please, you can still create this using a cake or slice pan and serve it as individual slices.
- Marie or digestive biscuits
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Icing or Confectionary Sugar
- Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
- Olive Oil
- Roasted Hazelnuts
Place the biscuits into a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or the pestle (if you have a mortar and pestle on hand. Alternatively, you can use a food processor too.
Melt the butter in the microwave for around 20 secs or more, using 20-second increments to avoid the butter splatting everywhere.
Pro Tip: don’t melt the butter fully; there should be a small amount left unmelted; stir until that butter melts. Doing this avoids the butter separating.
Combine the butter with the crushed biscuits and combine well.
Put the base mixture into the bottom of your ramekin and gently press it into place using the back of a spoon to create the base. You do not want the bottom too firm as you eat it directly from the ramekin.
Note: if you are creating a larger cheesecake, you will need to press it firmly into place with a flat-based glass as you will be cutting this.
Add the softened cream cheese, icing sugar and Nutella into a small mixing bowl. Using a handheld or stand mixer, combine the ingredients on a low speed, then mix until smooth and creamy at high speed.
Spoon the mixture into the ramekin and press, and smooth into place using the back of a spoon.
Place the Nutella and olive oil into a microwave-safe bowl and melt the Nutella for about 30 to 40 seconds. Then stir to combine thoroughly.
Pour the melted Nutella over the cheesecake and smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
Note: the olive oil is optional, but we found that the melted Nutella spreads easier with a small amount added, and it does not affect the taste either.
To decorate, crush a few roasted hazelnuts and sprinkle over the top of the topping, then add a strawberry.
You can even add a little whipped cream if you like.
Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until you are ready to eat it.
Creating a bigger cheesecake to serve as slices
If you are entertaining a large group of people, you will not want to make a fridge full of these mini cheesecakes. But you can combine enough to make one large one that you can cut up to serve your guests.
You will need a 20-centimetre cake tin to create this.
- 125 g of the biscuits and 80 g of the unsalted butter
- times the base by 4 or 5 (depending on how thick you would like the filling.
- Times the topping by 4 or 5. You can always add more if you feel you need to.
Other cheesecake recipes that are people pleases.
Cheesecake is a go-to recipe when we have guests, and here are a few of our favourites from not just us but friends and family too!
- Delicious Jelly Slice with Cream Cheese
- Divine Black Forest Slice With A Cheesecake Filling
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake That’s Light and Fluffy
- No-Bake Mini White Chocolate Cheesecake For Xmas
No-Bake Mini Nutella Chocolate Cheesecake For 1
- 3 Marie Biscuits or Digestive
- 20 g Unsalted Butter
- 115 g Cream Cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon Icing Sugar or Confectionary Sugar
- 15 g Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
- 20 g Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
- ½ teaspoon Olive Oil optinal
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Hazelnuts crushed/chopped
- 1 Strawberry
- Crush three of the Marie biscuits in a ziplock bag. Melt the butter for about 20 seconds, then combine.
- Place the base mixture into the ramekin and gently press down with the back of a spoon.
- Mix cream cheese, icing sugar and Nutella in a bowl using a low speed. Once combined, continue to mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the mixture of the biscuit base and smooth it out.
- Melt the Nutella and olive oil together for 30 to 40 seconds. Mix well once melted.
- Pour over the cheesecake filling a spread it out using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chopped hazelnuts over the top on one side, then place a strawberry on top.
- Refridgerate for 1 hour.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @justsoyum on Instagram or Facebook so we can find your masterpiece.
Leave a Reply