Simple to make and so incredibly juicy, flavorful and delicious. My Weber Q BBQ Corn on the cob takes only three ingredients and 30 minutes in the Weber.
If you guys love your corn on the cob to be seriously juicy, then this recipe is the right one for you.
The corn is steamed in garlic butter with parsley, a dash of salt and pepper, and wrapped in foil.
I can tell you now, the corn goes down a treat when your camping.
And it can even be adapted to your oven at home. And your family is going to love it 🙂
Does Corn Need To Be Parboiled Before Cooking On The Weber Q BBQ?
Absolutely not! The preparation is effortless.
The corn steams when it’s wrapped in aluminium foil and infuses with the delicious flavours of garlic butter and parsley.
Do I Have to Use Aluminium Foil?
Although I highly recommend using aluminium foil to wrap around the corn to maximise flavour, it is not essential.
You can use the husk on the corn to insulate the corn from the heat on the Weber Q.
But there is a catch, the garlic butter will need to be brushed on when the corn is ready to eat.
And you won’t get the infused flavours in your corn when you bite into it.
To grill corn on the cob without using foil, gently pull down the husks and remove the silk.
Give them a clean under water to remove any silk left behind. Then, pull the husk back up, and the corn is ready for your Weber Q.
How to Make Weber Q BBQ Corn On The Cob?
Assuming you will be wrapping your corn in Aliminium foil, you will need to prep your corn first.
Start by pulling back the husk and removing the silk. It’s a lot easier to do this under cold water.
Cut off the stalk once you have shucked cleaned the corn.
We are doing the indirect cooking method for this recipe, place your convection tray and trivet onto the grill.
Fire up your Weber Family Q by turning both gas control knobs to the START/HI position.
If you have a Baby Q or Medium, do the same with the single gas control knob.
If you don’t just happen to have an iGrill 2 Meat thermometer, set it up to monitor the temperature of your Weber Q.
Close the lid and let your Weber Q heat up for 10-15 minutes.
Now to get back to the corn. You’re going to have to get your hands dirty here.
Add the butter, crushed garlic and some finely chopped parsley in a small mixing bowl, and give it all a good mix together.
Scoop a generous amount of garlic butter into your hand and completely cover each ear of corn. If you can use a lot of butter, I recommend it.
The corn is going to be marinating in it while it’s on the Weber Q.
When the corn is covered in garlic butter, place each ear of corn onto a sheet of heavy-duty aluminium foil and finish the corn off with a dash of salt and cracked pepper.
The corn will need to be turned at the halfway point of cooking, so the foil needs to be wrapped tight enough to avoid a garlic butter leak.
Once your Weber Q is heated, place your corn onto the trivet and close the lid.
Turn the small gas control knob to the off position and the large gas control knob to the medium roast setting.
For the Baby Q and Medium Weber Q, turn the gas control knob down to medium.
Set a timer for 15 minutes and try to maintain a temperature between 200°C (395°F) and 220°C (430°F) at all times to avoid burning.
At the 15 minute mark, turn the corn over, so the garlic butter bastes the top of the corn.
Cook for a further 15 minutes with the lid down.
And that’s all there is to it! See, I told you it was simple.
Put on some gloves when opening the foil; the steam is very hot.
Can I Make Your Recipe In An Oven?
Yes! Prepare the corn the same way I showed you in the previous step and set the temperature of your preheated oven to 220°C (430°F).
Place the corn onto a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway.
Can Other Ingredients be added to Weber Q Corn on The Cob?
Although my recipe is simple, you can add many other ingredients to your corn to further enhance the flavours.
Some other great options that work well with corn are:
- Rosemary and Thyme
- Mint or Oregano
- Parmesan Cheese, Feta
- Mayonnaise and Paprika
- Pesto Sauce
Please feel free to experiment with the recipe and share it with us by commenting below.
Some of Our Best Weber Q Recipes on JustSoYum!
We are always experimenting with food on our Family Q.
Our recipes can be created at home or out camping for the long weekend. That’s why we love our Weber Q. It’s so versatile!
Please take some time to browse some of our best Weber Q recipes.
Weber Q Roast Pork – Who says you can’t get vacuum-sealed roast pork to crackle. See how we did it!
Weber Q Roast Lamb – Infused with rosemary and garlic, it’s so tender and juicy it’s insane.
Low and Slow Weber Q Roast Beef – Cooking beef is an art, but once you nail it, you’ll want more! This one is garlic and herb-crusted and roasted to a perfect medium-rare.
Bacon and Herb Weber Q Roast Chicken – This one is super easy, and the bacon makes the chicken even juicer.
Did you know you can even bake in a Weber Q?
Weber Q Banana and Walnut Bread: It tastes so good for afternoon tea with a cup of coffee when your out camping.
Seriously Juicy Weber Q BBQ Corn On The Cob With Garlic Butter
- 6 Ears of Corn Fresh
- 4 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 tsp Crushed Garlic
- ⅛ cup Chopped Parsley Fresh
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
Preparing the Corn
- Shuk the ears of corn and remove the silk under cold water, and cut off the stalks.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, crushed garlic and chopped parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop a generous amount of the garlic butter onto your hands and spread the mix around the entire ear of each corn.
- Place each ear of corn onto a sheet of heavy-duty aluminium foil and wrap tightly, making sure that the garlic butter won't leak out.
Cooking the Corn on the Weber Q
- Set your Weber Q up for indirect cooking by placing a convection tray and trivet onto the grill.For the Family Q, turn both control knobs to the START/HI position and fire up the Weber. Close the lid and allow 10 minutes for the Weber to heat up.
- Once the Weber Q has heated up, place the corn onto the centre of the trivet and close the lid.For the Family Q, turn the small gas control knob to the off position and the large gas control knob to the medium roast setting.Move the gas control knob to the medium setting for the Baby Q. Make sure to close the lid.
- Try to maintain a tempertature between 200°C (395°F) and 220°C (430°F) at all times.
- Rotate the corn at the 15-minute mark to allow the garlic butter to baste the corn.Cook for a further 15-20 minutes
- When the corn is ready, Carefully pull back the foil and allow the corn to cool for 3 minutes, and serve.