I’m sure you’ve never tried a grilled Weber Q chicken burger like this before. The chicken is beautifully seasoned and juicy, topped with crispy bacon and melted cheese. The flavours are fantastic.
Although the true winner here is the garlic mustard mayonnaise sauce and crispy iceberg lettuce. Making this a burger sent from heaven.
Guys! I’ve made burgers before, but wow! I am absolutely in love with this one.
The top of the toasted bun was garlic & parsley butter spread, followed by grilled onions and crispy bacon.
Follow that up with melted cheddar cheese and the juicy chicken patty.
I brushed the garlic and parsley butter onto both sides of the chicken to add flavour and help keep the patty tender and, most importantly, juicy.
The chicken patty sits on a freshly shredded ice burg lettuce bed with a garlic mustard mayonnaise sauce.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Weber Q chicken burger patties?
The secret to a delicious chicken burger is to keep it simple.
The more flavours you add, the less the chicken burger will actually taste like chicken.
And the most important thing to remember is “once it’s been added, it can’t be taken away”.
What you’ll be needing:
- Ground chicken breast (thighs)
- Salt & pepper
Herbed Garlic Butter:
- Salted butter
- small brown onion
- Garlic cloves (fresh)
- Parsely (fresh)
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese
- Red onion
- Olive oil
How to make chicken burger patties?
Thankfully it’s much easier to make chicken patties when compared with beef.
Ground/minced chicken has a stickier texture and can be quite a pain in the bum when forming chicken burgers.
Luckily I have a solution.
Power Tip: Rub olive oil onto your hands before forming the chicken patties. This will prevent the chicken from sticking to them.
Suppose you have already purchased ground/minced chicken from your supermarket.
In that case, you can begin forming your Weber Q chicken burger patties to the same size as your chosen rolls.
Otherwise, use your blender to ground the chicken down.
Add the chicken to a medium-sized mixing bowl and season with 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp of ground black pepper.
I used a hamburger press to make my chicken patties. And I can tell you it makes my life much easier.
A hamburger press is inexpensive and a time saver. If you’re interested, you can grab a really cheap burger press from Amazon.
If you’re making chicken patties with your hands, begin rolling each patty into a ball.
Using your fingers, gently push down and form a round burger patty that’s roughly the same size and shape as your rolls.
Place the chicken burgers onto a baking paper-lined tray and pop them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Making the herbed garlic butter
This step is optional if you want a more straightforward chicken burger.
But trust me, you have to try it at least once.
To a medium-sized bowl, add 250g of room temperature salted butter.
Finely chop a small brown onion, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp of fresh parsley and add a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Make sure to mix everything together, then set it aside.
Before brushing the butter on the chicken burgers, microwave it for 30 seconds to make brushing much easier.
Time to fire up your Weber Q!
Making Weber Q chicken burgers perfect every time is going to require speed.
If you’re lucky enough, you have a Weber Q breakfast /griddle plate in your possession.
Grilling the bacon, onion, and buns alongside your chicken burgers will be a sinch.
Set up your Weber Q for direct cooking.
Turn the gas control knob up to the START/HI position and fire it up.
Family Q: Turn both gas control knobs to the START/HI position.
Make sure to close the lid and preheat your Weber Q for 10 minutes.
Time to prepare the sauce
Making the sauce for your Weber Q chicken burger is super easy, and the flavour is terrific.
In a small bowl, add 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1tbsp of mustard, and ½ tsp of garlic powder, mix, then set aside.
And that’s it!
Grilling chicken burgers on the Weber Q
Take your chicken burger patties out of the freezer, and pop them onto the grill.
Further season the chicken burgers with salt and cracked pepper.
Brush the desired amount of herbed butter onto one side of each chicken patty.
Add the bacon and red onion to the breakfast plate and close the lid, remembering to flip halfway to avoid burning.
Grill the chicken burgers for 3 minutes, leaving the gas control knob/s in the High position.
Open the lid, and flip your chicken burgers and season with salt & pepper.
Then brush on more of the herbed garlic butter.
Remove the bacon & onion and set them aside under a sheet of aluminium foil to keep them warm.
Close the lid and grill the chicken burgers for a further 3-4 minutes.
Flip the chicken burgers for the final time over and place a slice of cheddar cheese onto each patty.
Allow 30-40 seconds for the cheese to melt with the lid down.
Remove the chicken burgers and place underneath aluminium foil to rest and keep warm.
You can begin preparing the hamburger buns by slicing them in half.
Optionally, you can spread any herbed garlic butter you may have left onto the buns for added flavour.
Toast the buns face down on the grill or breakfast plate/griddle for roughly 1 to 1 ½ minutes, until crispy.
Assembling the chicken burgers
The order in which you assemble your Weber Q chicken burger is entirely up to you.
Although, I will show you how I do mine.
Beginning from the base of the burger:
- Spread the sauce
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Chicken burger
- Red onion
- Top of the bun
Optionally you can also add tomato, beetroot or pineapple.
I hope you enjoyed my Weber Q chicken burger recipe. If you did, please share it with your friends.
This recipe is entirely universal. You don’t necessarily need a Weber Q to make it.
Simply follow my steps by using a large frypan/skillet and grilling the burgers on high for the same 3-4 minutes per side.
Check some of our other favourite Weber Q recipes!
Weber Q beef burger and cheese: Beautifully seasoned and so succulent, you’ll never grill beef burgers any other way.
Homemade deluxe cheeseburger: Why should a cheeseburger be simple? 2 juicy beef patties, with a copycat Big Mac sauce. Throw in some crispy bacon, melted cheddar cheese and delicious pickles, and you get a cheeseburger deluxe.
Do you want to try something else? Roasting pork on the Weber Q doesn’t need to be scary. This recipe will show you how to get the crispiest crackle every time.
Weber Q roast lamb: So juicy, so tender and an Aussie icon. It’s incredible how well the Weber Q cooks a roast lamb. With added garlic & rosemary, the flavour is unbelievable.
We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Weber Q Chicken Burger with Cheese and Bacon
- 1 kg chicken breast or thighs (minced)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
Herbed Garlic Butter
- 250 g butter
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves fresh
- 2 tbsp parsely fresh
- sea salt pinch
- ground black pepper pinch
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp american mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6 hamburger rolls sesame seed buns optional
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 6 streaky bacon
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- 6 cheddar cheese slices
- Use store-bought chicken mince, or ground the chicken down in a food proccessor.
- Season the ground chicken/mince with 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp black pepper then mix through.
- Rub olive oil onto your hands and begin gently shaping hamburger sized patties to the size of the desired hamburger buns. This will prevent the chicken from sticking to your hands. Alternatively you can use a hamburger press.
- Put the chicken patties onto a baking sheet lined tray and freeze for 30 minutes.
Herbed Garlic Butter
- To a medium-sized bowl add 250g of room temperature butter, finely chopped small brown onion, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp of fresh parsley and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix it through the butter. Then Set aside
Fire up the Weber Q
- If you have a Weber Q breakfast plate handy, pop that onto your grill, you'll be needing that to crisp up the bacon and cook the onion. You can use a cast-iron frying pan/skillet as an alternative.
- Set your Weber Q up for direct cooking and turn the gas control knob to the START/HI position. Family Q: Turn both gas control knobs to the START/HI position. Then close the lid and preheat your Weber for 10 minutes.
- (optional) While you are waiting, prepare the hamburger buns. Slice them in half and spread herbed garlic butter on the top and bottom, then set aside.
Making the Sauce
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of mustard, and ½ tsp of garlic powder, mix, then set aside.
Grilling Chicken Burgers
- Take your chicken burgers out of the freezer and pop them onto the grill, then season with salt & pepper.
- Brush herbed butter onto one side of each chicken burger, then add the bacon and onions to the breakfast plate, remembering to flip the bacon and onions halfway.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat for 3 minutes on high with the lid down.Family Q: Leave both gas control knobs in the High position.
- Remove the bacon once crispy and the onion and set aside under a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Flip the chicken patties, season with salt and pepper then, brush more herbed garlic butter onto the chicken patty and grill for a further 3-4 minutes.
- While the chicken burgers are grilling, pop the herb buttered hamburger buns face down onto the grill. Toast for 1 ½ minutes, and set aside.
- After the chicken burgers have been cooking for 3-4 minutes, flip one last time, add a slice of cheese to the top of each pattie and close the lid. Please wait until the cheese has fully melted, then carefully remove the chicken patties and set them aside to rest under a sheet of aluminium foil.
- To assemble the chicken burgers, start from the base of the bun, spread a small amount of the sauce, then lettuce, chicken patty, bacon, onion, and the top of the bun. ENJOY!