Garlic Herb-Crusted Weber Q Roast Beef
Garlic and herb-crusted Topside roast beef cook entirely in your Weber Q. Three words to describe it are: juicy, tender, flavorful.
- 1 kg topside beef trim any fat
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced into slivers
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh or dried
- 1 tsp thyme fresh or dried
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
Prepping the Beef
Allow 1-2 hours for the beef to come up to room temperature before starting.
Make slices one inch apart from end to end to allow the herb mixture to be absorbed by the beef.
Cut shallow slits evenly around the beef and place a sliver of garlic into each slit.
In a small mixing bowl add olive oil and combine with, diced garlic, basil, rosemary, thyme, salt, black pepper, and mix thoroughly.
Rub mixture evenly around the top and sides of the meat making sure to get it into the slices you made earlier, and set aside.
Starting the Weber Q
Place a rack inside a roasting pan and fill it with water until it reaches the bottom of the rack. Then place a roasting rack inside the pan.
Turn the gas on your Weber Q so it's open enough to light. Family Q users leave the large gas control knob off and turn the small gas control knob to the low position and ignite the Weber Q.
Medium and Baby Q owners turn the gas control knob to the low position and ignite.
Place a clean convection tray and trivet onto the grill, followed by the roasting pan with rack onto the trivet and close the lid. Allow approximatally 20 minutes for the Weber to reach the correct temperature.
Once the temperature of the Weber Q has reached 110°C (230°F) place the roast beef onto the roasting rack and place a meat probe into the top center of the beef pushing it down halfway, and close the lid.
Monitor temperatures of both the Weber Q and roast beef making sure it stays between 107°C (225°F) and 120°C (250°F) at all times. Make any necessary adjustments to maintain this temperature at all times.
Once the internal temperature has reached 60°C (140°F) internally for medium or 63°C (145°F) medium-well done, the roast beef can be removed from the Weber Q.
- If you just happen to have any leftovers wrap any slices into aluminum foil and place them in the fridge. The leftovers make for great steak sandwiches later.
- Leftovers will last in the fridge for 2-3 days as long as the beef is not overcooked (well-done) and can be enjoyed as a cold cut.
- If you want to re-heat for later, keep the beef wrapped in foil and place in a pre-heated oven at 120°C (250°F) Once the oven reaches temperature turn the oven off and allow the beef to sit there inside the foil for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine your Weber Q roast beef with homemade mushroom gravy and you'll be in for a real treat.
Serving: 4PeopleCalories: 484kcal (24%)Carbohydrates: 3.5g (1%)Protein: 68.2g (136%)Fat: 22.6g (35%)Saturated Fat: 5.7g (36%)Sodium: 584mg (25%)Potassium: 49mg (1%)Fiber: 2.3g (10%)Sugar: 0.1gCalcium: 33mg (3%)Iron: 1mg (6%)