Dive into the rich flavours of my Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks recipe! Perfect for family dinners or potlucks, this easy recipe will make everyone ask for seconds. Simple, savoury, and a touch sweet, they're a must-try in every kitchen!
Today, I'm bringing to the table a delightful treat: Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks.
Imagine tender drumsticks glazed with a sticky honey sauce, combined with the aromatic punch of garlic and the savoury goodness of Parmesan.
It's a trio of flavours that dances in perfect harmony, creating an irresistibly delicious dish.
Simple ingredients, big flavours — that's the magic of home cooking, right? Trust me; these drumsticks are always a hit, offering a comforting and oh-so-yummy taste!
Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
How to make honey garlic parmesan chicken drumsticks?
Let's chat about how to whip up these delicious Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks.
First things first, grab a sizable bowl or large ziplock bag. In it, you'll want to mix together that minced garlic, minced ginger, honey, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, a splash of olive oil, a hint of red pepper flakes (if you're feeling a little spicy), and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Give everything a good mix until you have this irresistibly fragrant marinade.
Now, let's introduce your chicken drumsticks to this delightful mixture. Gently toss them around until they're fully coated in all that honey garlic goodness.
Once they're nicely dressed, cover your bowl and send it to the fridge.
If you can, let those drumsticks marinate overnight; trust me, the longer, the yummier. But an hour will do the trick if you're in a rush.
When you're ready to bring these Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks to life, preheat your oven to 392°C (200°F). And here's a little hack I swear by, line your baking sheet with aluminium foil. It's a lifesaver for the cleanup later!
Time to get those marinated drumsticks onto the baking sheet. Lay them out nicely, ensuring they're not overcrowded. Oh, and don't toss that leftover marinade! We'll use it for some mid-cook basting.
Pop your drumsticks in the oven and let them bake for about 30 minutes.
At the 15-minute mark, flip the drumsticks and baste them using the marinade, then pop them back into the oven.
By now, they should look golden brown and utterly tempting. And hey, if you've got a meat thermometer, now's the time to use it. Ensure those drumsticks hit 74°C (165°F) in the thickest part.
But wait, we're not done! Remember the Parmesan? Sprinkle that finely grated cheese all over the drumsticks with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Let them rest for 5 minutes, and finish with chopped parsley or spring onion.
Bon Appétit and enjoy those mouth-watering drumsticks!
What to serve with honey garlic parmesan chicken drumsticks?
The Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks would pair well with various side dishes to complement the savoury-sweet profile. Here are some suggestions:
You can pick one or a combination of these sides based on your preferences and the occasion. Whatever you choose, it's bound to be a delightful meal!
Frequently asked questions
Absolutely! The marinade is versatile and works well with wings, thighs, or even breast pieces. Just adjust the cooking time as needed.
If you're looking for more heat, you can increase the amount of red pepper flakes or add some diced fresh chilli or a splash of hot sauce to the marinade.
Definitely! Grilling will give the drumsticks a lovely smoky flavour. Just be sure to monitor them closely to avoid overcooking or charring.
Always boil leftover marinade before using it to ensure any bacteria from the raw chicken is killed. It can then be reduced to create a sauce for the drumsticks or used as a baste while cooking.
Store any leftover Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Parmesan has a unique salty and nutty profile, but if you're looking for a substitute, Asiago or Romano cheese can be used. Just be aware that the flavour might vary slightly.
Luna in the Kitchen
As the aroma of the Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks wafted through the kitchen, I caught a sweet moment out of the corner of my eye.
There was Luna, our lovable black Labrador, dozing off next to the back door. It seems the enticing smells had lured her there, perhaps dreaming of a bite.
But it wasn't just her usual nap spot that made me smile; it was her chosen position. Luna's head was hilariously and awkwardly bent upwards, resting against the cool glass pane of the door.
Her snout was pressed flat, and her eyes, though mostly shut, occasionally fluttered open to cast wishful glances at the oven. Every exhale caused a little foggy patch on the glass.
It was one of those endearing moments, reminding me how even on busy cooking days, there's always a bit of humour and warmth to be found with Luna in the kitchen.
Oven-Baked Honey Garlic Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks
- 1.5 kg /3.3 pounds of chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger minced
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red (chilli) pepper flakes optional for heat
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the minced garlic, grated ginger, honey, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix well until you have a uniform marinade.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to the bowl and toss them until thoroughly coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight for more flavour.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (392°F). Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminium foil for easy cleanup.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the marinade, shaking off any excess. Reserve the marinade for basting. Arrange the drumsticks on an oven tray with baking paper or aluminium foil.
- Bake the drumsticks in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and fully cooked through. Baste with the reserved marinade and flip them over halfway through cooking. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the thickest part of the drumstick reaches 74°C (165°F).
- Once cooked, sprinkle sesame seeds and finely grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the drumsticks. Rest for 5 minutes and serve with freshly chopped parsley.