Start your day with a healthy protein-packed air fryer salmon frittata with smoked bacon for breakfast. It’s effortless to make and comes together in minutes.
If you love a healthy breakfast, then this recipe is for you. It’s low carb and packed with protein, and best of all, it’s cooked in your air fryer.
But I can hear you asking yourself, “How do you cook the eggs in an air fryer”?
Haha, well, that’s easy!
Simply line the bottom of a springform cake tin with baking paper, and it sits right in your air fryer basket.
Ingredients you’ll need to make air fryer salmon frittata
I use many ingredients for this recipe, but feel free to switch them up.
As long as you have the main ingredient (salmon).
- Salmon (skin-off)
- Large (cage-free) eggs
- Onion (red or brown onion)
- Smoked bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Spinach leaves (chopped or whole leaves)
- Salt & black pepper
- cooking spray (for greasing)
I’m using the Phillips XXL air fryer for this recipe.
7.5in x 3in round springform cake tin. (Or choose a size that suits your air fryer.)
How to make air fryer frittata?
Making air fryer salmon frittata is super easy, and all the ingredients come together perfectly for a fulfilling, flavourful breakfast.
To begin, cut a sheet of baking paper into a circle that will sit snug on the inside of your cake tin.
Then wrap a layer of aluminium foil under the base and pop the cake tin into your air fryer.
The foil prevents the egg from leaking and the baking paper prevents the frittata from sticking.
Next, lightly grease the baking paper and sides of the cake tin with cooking spray.
Finely chop ½ of an onion and evenly spread it over the base of your cake tin.
Then cut the smoked bacon and salmon and combine with your chopped onion.
Precook the bacon, onion, and salmon for 6 minutes at 180°C (350°F). This ensures they are precooked and the onion isn’t crunchy.
How to cook a frittata in the air fryer?
Just a couple of more steps, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the best air fryer salmon frittata you’ve ever tried.
While the onion, bacon and salmon are cooking, the next step is to crack 6 large eggs and 3 tbsp of milk together with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Whisk until well combined.
Add the egg to the air fryer, ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese and ½ cup of mozzarella.
Chop cherry tomatoes into halves and add the spinach leaves to the egg together with the tomatoes.
Ensure you evenly spread the ingredients.
Set the temperature of your air fryer to 150°C (300°F) and cook for 24-26 minutes. Or until the top is golden brown.
Use a skewer to check if the egg has set in the centre before removing it from the air fryer.
Pro tip: If your frittata is overly brown before the egg has set, place a sheet of aluminium foil over the top and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Once cooked, remove the frittata from your air fryer and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
This will give any liquid time to settle. And the egg will continue to cook while resting in the cake tin.
Carefully remove the frittata from the cake tin, slice and serve. Optionally garnish with freshly chopped parsley or spring onion.
Check out our favourite healthy air fryer breakfast options
JustSoYum has some other healthy breakfast options you can try in your air fryer or oven.
- Cheesy Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets
- Egg And Bacon Pie
- Greek Yoghurt, Raspberry And Blueberry Smoothie
- Cheesy Broccoli And Cauliflower Fritters
- Crispy Breakfast Burrito with Sriracha Hot Sauce
We’re an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links. We really appreciate it!
Air Fryer Salmon Frittata with Cheese and Bacon
- 170 g salmon skin-off
- 80 g smoked bacon
- 60 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup milk
- ½ onion brown or red onion
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup mozzerella cheese optional
- ½ cup spinach leaves chopped if preferred
- pinch salt & black pepper
- cooking spray for greasing
- Place aluminium foil underneath a 7.5in x 3in inch springform cake tin and wrap around. This will prevent leakage. Cut a round sheet of baking paper and fit it onto the inside base of the cake tin. Then place it into your air fryer.
- Lightly spray the sides and base of the cake tin with cooking spray and evenly add your onion, bacon and salmon to the cake tin. Cook for 6 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- While onion, bacon, and salmon are precooking, crack six large eggs into a bowl. Then add 3 tbsp of milk together with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- When the air fryer has finished precooking, pour in the beaten eggs, and add the grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Then add chopped tomato and spinach leaves, ensuring all ingredients are evenly spread in the egg.
- Set the temperature of your air fryer to 150°C (300°F) and cook for 24-26 minutes or until golden brown. (See note 1)Use a wooden skewer to check if the egg has set in the centre if you're unsure.
- Remove the frittata from the cake tin and rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve immediately. Optionally garnish with parsley or freshly chopped spring onion.