Unleash the mouthwatering magic of Blue Cheese Sauce perfectly blended with Lane's Sorta White, creamy sour cream, and zesty garlic. Try it on ribs, chicken, or even burgers for a truly unique flavour experience.
Let's talk about the incredible wonder that is blue cheese sauce. Seriously, this stuff is pure magic.
My family is absolutely obsessed with it, and I'm convinced it could make even a shoe taste gourmet (well, maybe not, but you get the idea).
Now, picture this: juicy BBQ meat sizzling away on your trusty Weber Q grill, and then you generously drizzle that heavenly blue cheese sauce on top.
Oh boy, it's a flavour explosion you won't soon forget! But wait, there's more! It's not just for meats, folks.
This sauce is so versatile. It plays well with grilled burgers, adds that extra zing to salads, and is basically the MVP of condiments.
Ingredients you'll need to make blue cheese sauce
Deliciously Descriptive Ingredient List:
- Castello Blue Cheese: Indulge in the rich and creamy flavours of Castello Blue Cheese, with its distinct tanginess and melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Lane's Sorta White Sauce: A delectable blend of flavours that brings a hint of tang and creaminess to the table. You can grab yourself a bottle at their Australian or US Website. This sauce adds a burst of flavour that will leave your taste buds dancing.
- Sour Cream: Creamy and tangy sour cream adds a velvety smoothness to dishes. Its subtle acidity balances out the flavours, enhancing the overall taste experience.
- Minced Garlic: Aromatic and savoury, minced garlic brings a bold punch of flavour to the mix. It infuses dishes with a delightful garlicky essence, adding depth and complexity.
- Lemon Juice: Zesty and refreshing, lemon juice brightens up the flavours with its tangy citrus notes. It adds a vibrant touch to the dish, enhancing the overall taste profile.
- Black Pepper (to taste): A sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper adds a subtle kick and depth of flavour to the sauce. Adjust the amount to your personal preference, allowing you to tailor the seasoning to your liking.
Chunky or creamy blue cheese sauce
So here's the scoop on the sauce: it's meant to have a nice, chunky texture that adds a little something special to your dishes.
But hey, we all have our preferences, right? If you're more into a smoother sauce, no worries!
You can easily achieve a creamier consistency. Just grab your trusty stick blender or food processor and give it a whirl.
Blitz it up until it reaches the perfect smoothness that makes your taste buds sing.
It's all about making it just how you like it, so go ahead and customize that sauce to your heart's content!
Creative uses for blue cheese sauce
Who says the humble burger gets to hog all the fun? Not with this incredible sauce!
It's so versatile you'll want to spoon it over everything. Picture this: juicy baby back ribs with a generous dollop of this sauce or some finger-lickin' bbq roasted chicken and salad just begging to be dipped into it.
Oh, and don't forget to thin it out a bit and drizzle it across some grilled lamb cutlets for a flavour explosion.
Explore Exciting Sauces and Toppings
How to make blue cheese sauce?
I know you don't want me to keep rambling on, so let's get into making the best blue cheese sauce you've ever tasted!
This recipe is super easy to put together and comes together fast.
Start by grabbing yourself a medium-sized bowl and adding 100g of blue cheese, ⅓ cup of Lane's sorta white sauce, one tablespoon of sour cream, one teaspoon of minced garlic, and 1 and ½ tablespoons of lemon juice.
Using a stick blender or hand mixer, combine the ingredients until creamy and smooth.
Add fresh cracked pepper to the blue cheese sauce to taste.
Finally, store in a sauce bottle or container in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours so the flavours can meld together before use.
And that's it. You've just made the best blue cheese sauce on the planet!
Pair your wonderful new sauce with my Weber Q baby back pork ribs recipe for a flavour explosion.
How long can I store blue cheese sauce in the fridge?
Blue cheese sauce can typically be stored in the refrigerator for about 3 to 5 days.
However, it's important to note that the specific shelf life can vary depending on the freshness of the ingredients used and the storage conditions.
To maximize the freshness and quality of the sauce, make sure to store it in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated at or below 40°F (4°C).
If you notice any changes in texture, odour, or taste, it's best to discard the sauce to ensure food safety.
Blue Cheese Sauce
- 100 g Castello blue cheese (3.5oz) or your favourite blue cheese
- ⅓ cup Lane's sorta white sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoon Lemon juice
- Black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 100g of blue, ⅓ cup of Lane's Sorta White Sauce, 1 tablespoon of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and 1 ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Using a stick blender or hand mixer, blend the ingredients together until creamy and smooth. Ensure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add fresh cracked pepper to the sauce according to your taste preferences. Give it a gentle stir to distribute the pepper throughout the sauce.
- Transfer the sauce to a sauce bottle or airtight container.
- Place the sauce in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, allowing the flavours to meld together. This resting time helps the ingredients harmonize and creates a more flavorful sauce.
- After the chilling period, your homemade blue cheese sauce is ready to use! Enjoy it as a delightful accompaniment to your favourite dishes.