My Weber Q McDonald’s McGriddles will be a hit at breakfast. Super fast to prepare and even easier to grill. You have to give these bad boys a crack, the taste is amazing.
You’re going to love this one, guys! If you’re getting back to mother nature, this Mcdonald’s McGriddle recipe is all you’re going to need.
And for my fellow Australians out there, I am bringing you just a taste of a famous American McDonalds breakfast.
I will be making a small change to the recipe. After all, it is a recipe to enjoy camping, so I want to make it as simple as possible.
Traditionally McDonald’s in the United States use pancake batter to make the cakes. Today, I will “Australianise” the recipe and use crumpets.
The texture in crumpets is very close to the original cake that goes into making traditional American style McGriddles. And it saves you a lot of time.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Weber Q McDonald’s McGriddles?
You won’t be needing a lot of ingredients to make Weber Q Mcdonald’s McGriddles.
- Bacon (streaky)
- Cheddar Cheese/burger
- Maple Syrup
- Seat & Pepper
Most importantly, you will need a Weber Q Breakfast Plate.
If you don’t have one in your arsenal, you can grab one from Weber directly.
How to Prepare McGriddles?
Preheat your Weber by turning the gas control knob to the START/HI position and close the lid.
If you are cooking on the Family Q, turn both gas control knobs to the START/Hi position.
Let your Weber Q preheat for 10 minutes.
Preparation is really straightforward. Start by cracking your eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly.
Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
And that is literally all the prep you need to do. See, I told you it was easy!
Power Tip: Keep a table next to your weber Q, so you can grab everything you need while cooking.
Everything will cook fast, and you don’t want to be leaving your Weber to hunt for tong’s, plates, spatula and your ingredients.
How to Cook McGriddles on the Weber Q?
By this stage, your Weber Q should have preheated, and it’s time to start making your McGriddles.
Using a metal spatula, spread butter over your breakfast plate.
Start placing your bacon, close the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon.
Close the lid and leave the gas control knob/s on the START/HI position.
Flip the bacon over and repeat until the bacon is crispy.
When you are happy with your bacon, take it off the Weber Q and set it aside.
Scrape off any leftover bacon, and add more butter to the breakfast plate.
Slowly pour the egg onto your breakfast plate, and using your spatula push the egg into a rectangle shape.
When the egg is set, cut it down the middle and fold each piece in half, like an omelette.
When the egg is ready to go, set it aside with the bacon.
The last step is to place your crumpets face down onto the breakfast plate and close the lid.
Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Flip the crumpets and place a piece of sliced cheddar/burger cheese onto the crumpets. Only one piece of cheese per McGriddle.
Close the lid of your Weber Q, and allow the cheese to melt for 1-2 minutes.
When the cheese has fully melted, take your crumpets off the breakfast plate and begin assembling your McGriddles.
How to Assemble McDonald’s McGriddles?
Now you’re up to the best part! Assembling your McGriddles.
Starting from the bottom with the melted cheese, place your folded egg on top of the cheese.
Followed by the bacon and topped with another crumpet.
Drizzle the desired amount of maple syrup over the top of your McGriddle, and let it fall down the sides.
Breakfast Recipes we Love at JustSoYum!
We are always coming up with delicious recipe ideas at JustSoYum, and the list is growing.
Please take the time to check some of them out.
Cheesy Weber Q Omelette: So easy to make, and the taste is insanely good. A protein-packed breakfast to kickstart the day.
Cheesy Air Fryer Ham and Egg Pockets: They take 2 minutes to assemble and 12 minutes in your air fryer, making it an excellent option for those on the go.
Egg And Bacon Pie: It takes a little longer to prepare, but trust me, it’s worth every minute.
Air Fryer Crispy Breakfast Burrito with Sriracha Hot Sauce: Melted cheese, crispy bacon and iron packing mushrooms with egg. What more could you want.
Weber Q McDonald’s McGriddles With A Twist
- 8 Crumpets
- 4 Bacon streaky
- 4 Cheddar Cheese sliced
- Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup one tbsp for each McGriddle (optional)
- Place the breakfast plate onto your Weber Q.Baby Q: Turn the gas control knob to the START/HI position.Family Q: Turn the large gas control knob to the START/HI position and the small control knob to HI.
- Crack two eggs and add salt and pepper, then whisk.
- After the Weber Q has preheated, keep the gas control knob/s on HI. Add butter to the breakfast plate. Place the bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes per side with the lid down, then set aside.
- Pour the egg onto the breakfast plate and, using a spatula, make a rectangle with the egg. When the egg has set, cut it in half and flip while keeping the lid down as much as possible. Then set the eggs aside.
- Add a further tbsp of butter to the breakfast plate, then place the crumpets face down. Close the lid and toast for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip each crumpet and place sliced cheddar cheese onto the crumpets. Close the lid and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- Begin assembling each McGriddle beginning with the cheese at the bottom, followed by the egg and topped with a piece of bacon and finally the crumpet.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and ENJOY!!!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @justsoyum on Instagram or Facebook so we can find your masterpiece.
Alternatively, you can leave a comment below and let us know how you went.